We offer free delivery on all orders. Orders are sent by courier within 5 working days. Smaller items such as boot scooters are usually delivered next working day.
If you require delivery on a specific day please contact us so we can arrange this.
Working days are classed as Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
Free courier delivery does not include assembly of the scooter or bringing it into your house. If you do not have help to do this or are not comfortable with the self-assembly of your scooter, please arrange for a friend or family member to help you. If you can't get help, please consider the serviced delivery option. You can also get in touch on 0161 711 0711 as it may be that we can offer discount serviced delivery if we are already in your area
Orders placed on a bank holiday Monday will be shipped on Tuesday.
£79 Serviced Delivery
A trained engineer will come out to deliver your product at a pre-arranged convenient time usually within 5 working days.
All products receive a full pre-delivery inspection and are assembled prior to delivery.
You will receive a comprehensive free demonstration to ensure you are fully aware of how to use the equipment.
We will then give you an essential user safety brief and leave you with a manual to cover all aspects of daily use.
What To Do If You Change Your Mind
If you wish to cancel your order before we’ve despatched it, please either call us on 0161 711 0711 or send us an email at email@example.com. We usually despatch items on the same or next day to give you quick delivery, so please try and get in touch as soon as possible if there's a problem with your order.
Returning or Exchanging an unwanted order after despatch
- You have the right to return your order within 14 calendar days of receiving the goods. After this period we cannot accept any returns.
- You must return your order to "Great British Mobility, Mobility House, Owen Street, Preston, PR1 5DT", We recommend TNT/FedEx to do this.
- We can arrange a £40 collection for you for you on larger powered items such as scooters, chairs & £15 on smaller items such as manual wheelchairs.
- To cancel your order you must contact us via telephone or email to notify.
- To receive a full refund the product(s) must be returned complete, unused, in an undamaged state and in the original packaging.
- We will not refund you any supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than standard delivery.
- If the product(s) are not returned in their original condition, we reserve the right to charge for repair or replacement of any product(s).
- Unfortunately we cannot accept returns on product(s) that are built to order, have been adapted to suit your requirements, or for products that can void Health & Safety regulations if used e.g. incontinence, bathroom or toilet products. A refund can only be given if the product(s) arrives faulty, damaged or incorrect.
- Where a product needs to be dismantled to be returned we are happy to arrange for an engineer to collect the product from you at a convenient time.
- It’s bad enough that your product develops a fault, so we try to make our returns or repair service as painless as possible.
- If the fault occurs within 14 days of purchase (or delivery) we will always offer you either a free repair, exchange or refund.
- We do not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
What Is VAT Relief?
To keep things simple, All our prices are displayed without VAT as we assume you are eligible for VAT relief. You will be asked to self certify your eligibility at the checkout page when placing an order.
Am I Eligible?
For VAT purposes, you have a long-term illness or are disabled if you meet any of the following conditions:
you have a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon your ability to carry out everyday activities.
you have a condition that the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes. you are terminally ill.
So, you don't qualify if you are elderly but otherwise able-bodied, or if you're only temporarily disabled or incapacitated. You don't have to physically buy the goods in person.
If your parent, guardian, wife or husband buys the goods and services for you, then you will not be charged VAT. What counts as personal or domestic use? Personal or domestic use means that the goods or services are supplied for your own private use, rather than for business purposes.
If you need any further information on whether you are eligible to receive goods or services zero-rated for VAT you should contact the HMRC National Advice Service on 0845 010 9000.
12 Months Warranty
All of our new products come with a 12 month warranty as standard. If you encounter an issue with your product you are advised to call us first on 0161 711 0711 where we will be able to advise on the best course of action.
In the event of the product purchased from "Great British Mobility" being sold on, the 12-month warranty is not transferable.
Should you encounter a failure in your products we are able to offer a repair or replacement through this warranty.
In the case of such a failure, providing the scooter is located in mainland UK Great British Mobility will arrange collection at which point the warranty repairs and returning the item to you will be completed free of charge *Exclusions apply see list of remote postcodes below.
Consumable items such as batteries, armrest pads, upholstery, tyres, brakes shoes, ferrules, etc are excluded from this warranty due to general wear and tear
Great British Mobility aims to collect faulty products for repair/replacement within 7 days and endeavour to return them as soon as possible.
The following exclusion apply to our 12 month at home warranty:
- Carriage costs to and from our workshop where an item is found to not be faulty - Where a product cannot be found to be faulty by our field engineers, and/or the customer requests an inspection at our head office, we reserve the right to charge the customer a deposit to and from their premises up to the value of £79. This is not a punitive charge and simply covers our carriage costs should there be no fault found. If a genuine fault is found with the product, this deposit will be fully refunded.
- One of our engineers will make every effort to confirm a fault exists over the phone and troubleshoot the issue.
- Batteries are covered by a 12 month return to base manufacturer warranty. Some manufacturers may require a battery test chart to prove the batteries are faulty and/or have been properly maintained.
- Perishable (wear and tear) components on mobility products, such as getting a puncture.
- Damage caused by the operator such as knocks/scrapes, damage from liquids etc
The 12 Month Warranty will not cover the products if they have been misused, damaged or vandalised, or any attempt to make a repair has been carried out by a third-party or none authorised company.
Should the item break down due to damage including water ingress, misuse, physical or otherwise any call-outs will encounter a £79 Call out fee and repairs may be chargeable.
Exclusions from 12 month free at home warranty
We're sorry that certain geographical location can restrict our service.
The following postcodes incur a £79 surcharge for collection and return. We also regret we are unable to provide at home repairs/servicing for these postcodes and areas.
|Northern Ireland||Scottish Highlands|
North Ayrshire (Scotland)
Aberdeenshire, Moray (Scotland)
Argyll & Bute, Highland (Scotland)
Angus, Highland, Moray, Perth & Kinross (Scotland)
Aberdeenshire, Moray (Scotland)
Aberdeenshire, Moray (Scotland)
Northumberland, Holy Island (England)
Isles of Scilly
Aberdeenshire, Angus (Scotland)
Highland, Orkney Islands (Scotland)
|All HS Postcodes|
Western Isles (Scotland)
Argyll & Bute, Stirling, Perth & Kinross (Scotland)
|All ZE Postcodes|
Shetland Isles (Scotland)
Highland, Moray (Scotland)
|All JE Postcodes|
Jersey (Channel Isles)
|All GY Postcodes|
Guernsey (Channel Isles)
|All IM Postcodes|
Isle of Man